In May of 1988 a traditional farmhouse opened its doors as a restaurant, "Restaurante Aspaldiko", to enlighten the Basque gastronomic scene. After four centuries of hard work as a farm, it was renovated and saved from ruins to become what it is today.
Listed by the Basque government as a cultural relic of the monument category, it´s currently one of the last remaining examples representing traditional Basque architecture.
Showcasing furniture from its era, its structure was built entirely with lumber and its facade sealed with tongue and groove boards, tightly placed in the railings found in the original beams as well as in the interior.
All of this plus being situated in an idyllic environment makes Restaurante Aspaldiko the perfect setting for any occasion.
We can offer a wide variety of options for any event or celebration:
- The main building has a capacity of up to 300 people for any kind of occasion
- Various dining rooms for those who need privacy
- Exterior covered area can hold up to 300 people
- Outdoor area with cocktail and buffet service for up to 500 people
- Option to enjoy cultural activities and local Basque sports
- Live music and dancing available in the garden area
- Ample parking for buses
- Summer terrace and garden